About Standard Chartered
Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, providing a wide-range of products and services for individual and corporate clients across 68 markets spanning Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our customers, our people, and the communities we serve. The Bank’s global business is managed out of Singapore as its global Technology & Operations function. Our brand promise Here for good reinforces everything we do; it guides how we do business and the decisions we make.
aXess Labs is a Technology Innovation stream of Standard Chartered Bank based out of Singapore, Bangalore & Chennai. We are looking forward to our upcoming centers at Guangzhou, China and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia by 2021.
As an Game Software Engineer, you will you play a key role in designing and building computer graphics, VR and AR which lead to help us enable the rapid delivery of innovate digital experiences that meet the long term Gamification strategy. Come join a team that that is focused on building ground-breaking solutions that meet our clients’ critical business needs and where continuous improvement and results are celebrated and rewarded. You will work closely with key stakeholders including product managers, development, and engineering teams to co-create core gaming capabilities that will enable SCB to deliver world-class products to market.
- Liaising with game designers and developers in setting up technical resources
- Researching and developing the suite of software and platforms that will be used to support the game
- Ensuring the game design is fully realized and performs to maximum capacity
- Creating procedures and production documents
- Working to tight schedules and keep to budget
- Producing prototypes in the early stages of production
- Conducting quality assurance tests and respond to feedback
- Collaborating with all departments to smooth over technical issues, problem solve and create solutions during the production pipeline process
- Responding to the technical needs of all departments
- Working in teams towards common goals
- Providing ongoing tech support after the game has been launched, work on upgrades to the game
Software used by Game Programmers:
- Platform: Unity3D or Cocos creator, Unreal Engine.
- Tools: Maya, 3D Studio Max, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Good to have Skills: WebGL/ Three.js / AR / VR / XR/Git
- Training in computer science or computer programming
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D animation software
- Familiar with the game production pipeline process
- Passion for video games and experience with gaming
- Interpersonal skills to deal with creative and production teams
- Team player, ability to work independently
- Analytical mindset
- Able to keep on schedule and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Expert knowledge of technical and software advancements in the gaming industry
- Knowledge of gaming genres and trends
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Experience working with agile/scrum development methodologies
- Continuously learns about trends in the market around technology, tools, systems, and languages used across leading companies
- Understand nuances of SCB’s business model and develop gaming strategies and product roadmap that are competitively differentiated and anticipate future customer needs
- Evaluates the quality of evidence and reasoning
- Challenges and inspires others to apply and strengthen problem solving skills
- Evaluates points for improvement and can creatively solve complex and ambiguous problems to reach new and unconventional modes of resolution
- Effective team player, able to work well with colleagues across the organization and recognizes the importance of cross-functional communication.
- Takes pride in collaboration skills and seeks to partner with product managers, engineers and designers to create elegant solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, influencing and negotiation.
- Ability to build cross-functional consensus among internal and external stakeholders to drive business results.
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in written documents (graphics or text) and to present these coherently and logically.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Sound knowledge in computer graphics, animation, and game designing & development
- Experience in development using Virtual reality & Augmented reality
- Senior level experience developing and launching products at a technology company or comparable experience.
- MBA, advanced technical degree or equivalent; experience developing.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.