Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
- Participate in global strategy development for a defined industry or region, inclusive of the full set of solutions across all relevant Customer Operating Units.
- Support development a go-to-market playbook and interlock across the marketing organization to help meet defined growth targets and tactical marketing support needs.
- Partner with strategic marketing and other key stakeholders to develop and/or include strategic inputs in marketing plans including market sizing/segmentation, competitive analysis, buyer personae, and positioning.
- Owns development of key messaging and value propositions for all industry buyer segments. Partners with product marketing as needed to ensure all relevant offerings and solutions are incorporated into UL’s industry level go to market approach.
- Develops ABM efforts and supports strategic account planning and engagement for relevant global and strategic accounts
- Translate the business objectives, market opportunities and portfolio of offerings of the COU sub-unit(s) into a well-defined, cohesive go-to-market strategy across all relevant industry verticals.
- Ensures sales enablement needs are understood and met, partnering with Commercial Excellence as needed
- Act as the liaison for the business, ensuring the marketing plan is achieving the growth and desired results of the business.
- Follow the UL Standards of Business Conduct, and follow all physical and digital security practices
- Contribute to business success by performing other tasks as required.
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts degree in marketing, communication or related field, plus generally more than six years of experience
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to lead with influence
- Customer-centric orientation
- Business acumen
- Budget management
- Analytical skills
- Strategic mindset
- Strong capabilities and experience working with senior leaders
- Able to understand technical and scientific issues and to translate complex information for nonscientific audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience managing and/or using a wide array of internal communication tools