Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by identifying, developing, piloting, and guiding innovations of digital customer experiences for Starbucks Asia Pacific Region. The focus on this role will be creating engaging digital programs that deepen the connection between our customers and our company to drive brand love and engagement.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Identifies and analyzes new business opportunities in digital ecosystem and business model innovation for Asia Pacific region (14 markets).
• Challenges current thinking with innovative and disruptive technologies that drive business goals in a more efficient and effective way.
• Influences cross-functional teams and stakeholders to adopt an agile framework for projects and an iterative approach to new and innovative ideas.
• Fluency in technology, data, and the application of both to customer-facing experience built to deliver upon business objectives.
• Results-oriented with a bias to action and ability to drive progress through uncertain circumstances.
• Thrives on ownership of a program, roadmap, or project with minimal supervision.
• Understands regional and market strategic objectives and adopts innovation to deliver or accelerate strategic results.
• Leads and manages projects’ end-to-end journey from innovation sourcing, identification, matching, to prototyping, adaptation and integration.
• Builds, develops and manages external innovation partners, including start-up, mid-sized and established players; assesses partners’ capabilities and suitability for potential collaboration and partnership opportunities; supports the negotiation of partnership deals and strategic investments.
• Acts as trusted advisor to regional leadership team and conducts credible challenge on all innovation strategy development and execution issues, through daily working relationship and participation in various committees.
• Partners with technology team to co-own the digital roadmap, ensuring the roadmap and action plans are in place and executed with relevant contribution from other teams across the organization.
Summary of Experience
• University degree with good knowledge in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
• 7-10+ years of business technology, strategy consulting and/or digital agency experience.
• Strong knowledge of innovation with solid understanding of retail landscape, consumer products and/or food and beverage industry.
• Generalist problem-solving skills with strong conceptual, highly structured and analytical capabilities to deal with ambiguities.
• Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to use digital platforms to drive revenue.
• Past experience with implementing loyalty and lifecycle marketing to drive customers down the funnel from acquisition>activation>engagement>retention a plus.
• Ability to rapidly understand emerging technologies and business models to draw connections to the regional strategy and business needs. Fluency in technology, data, and the application of both to customer-facing experience built to deliver upon business objectives.
• Strong network of the regional innovation ecosystem.
• Ability to quickly build rapport and cultivate relationship with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
• A constant learner with a curious mind who is always seeking out new knowledge and looking for new ways to apply it.
• Project management skill with a track record in leading with and mobilizing cross-functional teams and managing multiple priorities. Results-oriented with a bias to action and ability to drive progress through uncertain circumstances.
• Excellent written communication, oral presentation and interpersonal skills; Able to articulate conceptual ideas and strategic directives to a wide range of audience.
• Committed, self-motivated and action-oriented personality with strong ownership to drive business performance and the success of strategy development and implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to overcome challenges and drive progress in a complex cross-functional, cross-organizational, and international business landscape.
• Ability to build a trusted-advisor relationship with working partners and senior executives.
• Well-versed in MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint; experience in modelling an asset.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
• Published thought leadership in digital transformation and innovation domains a plus.
• Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to elevate customer experience online and offline.
Let us give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself. It is time for you #tobeapartner. Apply today!