- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of SAS programming techniques (including SAS statistical procedures).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the programming and reporting process.
- Excellent knowledge of SOPs/Guidelines, ICH-GCP, and any other applicable local and
international regulations such as 21 CFR Part 11.
- Knowledge of the efficacy endpoints and analysis techniques specific to the disease being
treated, and the ability to mentor/train others in these topics.
- Ability to learn new systems and function in an evolving technical environment.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage competing priorities, and promoting change.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully lead, mentor, and develop a global team.
- Ability to promote a quality-focused environment.
- Excellent time management in order to meet daily metrics or team objectives.
- Show commitment to and perform consistently high quality work.
- Strong business/operational skills that include customer focus, commitment to quality
management, and problem solving.
- Demonstrate commitment to refine quality processes.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence in order to achieve results.
- Good business awareness/business development skills (including financial awareness).
- Ability to create, maintain, and define strategies to improve the efficiency of running a clinical trial.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (including experience in making
presentations at conferences, meetings, training sessions).
- Client-focused approach to work.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Competent in written and oral English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven record of successfully leading teams across multiple projects in a statistical programming
environment and of contributing to client/account-level process improvement initiatives.
- Proven record of involvement in departmental and cross-functional activities, process
development, and/or training development.