The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some Careers Have More Impact Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Software Engineering Manager.
Why join us?
HSBC Markets & Securities Services IT (MSS IT) department provides technology solutions to support its Markets and Securities Services business worldwide. The role fits in Markets Cross Asset which is a sub asset class responsible for developing and supporting critical and highly available applications used by all large numbers of front office applications and business users across all regions.Tech components developed by Markets Cross Asset currently cover data stores for Valuation & Risks, Market Data and Model Parameters and Trades as well as a Market Data distribution platform.The teams spans across Asia, Europe and Americas with solutions engineered in every sites.
The Guangzhou Markets Cross Asset Service Lead will be responsible for the pods based in the location. It will have the responsibility of maintaining a high performing team through coaching, mentoring and hiring. It will also act as a technical lead and provide guidance with solution design, implementation, as well as incident management. It will have ability to promote Agile and DevOps practices locally and globally and will work with the global product managers in order to expand the China teams’ responsibility and ownership of the tech platforms based on local skillset.
Business: Markets & Securities Services IT
- Managing people in Markets Cross Asset based in Guangzhou
- Establish a cross functional support model for Market Cross Asset in Guangzhou
- Managing directly one of the pod based in Guangzhou
- Delivering a backlog of changes working a PO and the pod in Agile and DevOps manner
- Improve Agile and DevOps maturity to increase pods velocity and reduce the numbers of incidents
- Providing solution design using micro service based approach
- Providing an environment favourable to knowledge and best practice sharing
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Solid knowledge and experience of the following
- Solution design
- Team management / pod management
- Core Java (Java 1.8 +)
- Public Cloud technology (GCP / AWS)
- NoSqL database
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Jira, Confluence
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Ansible or comparable tools
- Overall 10+ year experience in IT
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Experience in designing IT services/products and implementing them
- Experience in supporting an application
- Experience with automation
- Relationship management (both internal and external) and networking skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with proven ability to handle multiple work threads at one time
- Ability to work with Technology teams and business users (Ops, FO, Data, Compliance, Regional heads)
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Job Field: Technology
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-Guangdong-Guangzhou
Type of Vacancy: Country vacancy
Job Posting: 23-Aug-2021, 17:31:05