Position Title: Sourcing Manager
Reports to: Sr. Sourcing Manager
Location: Guangzhou, China
This position is to source and manage qualified suppliers. To make sure suppliers provide cost competitive and good quality products, and deliver on time. To realize company’s annual productivity target.
- Supplier Qualification- Take the lead on new supplier qualification process. Identify, qualify and develop cost competitive, socially compliant suppliers, with matched capabilities to product types.
- Cost Management- Negotiate and finalize costs with suppliers on existing products, manage RFQ process for new products and drive suppliers to meet with target prices set by business. Develops and implements cost-reduction programs to drive more productivities.
- Supplier Management: Owner of supplier relationship. Managing and driving improvement of suppliers’ performance. Use supplier scorecard and quarterly supplier business review meetings to manage suppliers’ performance on cost competitiveness, quality, supply chain, social compliance and C-TPAT. Conduct annual financial audit and hold annual capacity review meeting to mitigate supply risks.
- Work with supply chain team on negotiating inventories, lead time, capacity, MOQ, and production schedules with suppliers.
- Work with international product management, sourcing and engineering teams for development of new products and modification of existing products. Make sure NPD projects are delivered on time, on cost and on quality. Manage key milestones for each NPD project and clear up road blocks with suppliers for other functional teams during project development process.
- Work with International sourcing team on assignment and prioritization of sourcing projects, negotiate with suppliers on payment terms and supply agreement.
- Work with relative departments to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, etc., assist supply chain team in expediting issues for initial delivery. Negotiating with suppliers on quality claims/compensations.
- Manage Coleman assets and tooling
- Work with Corporate COE team on various sourcing projects.
- Make routine visits to suppliers, help improve supplier’s internal management through daily communication
- Liaison for product development needs and supply base, continually challenges suppliers for product innovation, new materials and applications to insure the company is cutting edge of product development.
- Bachelor degree on Engineering, English or International Trade
- 5 years or above experience in sourcing and purchasing
- Consumer or outdoor products experience is preferred, such as shelter and airbeds
- Excellent English communication skills, strong negotiation skills, fast learner
- Travel Required: 30%~40%
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.