SSC Accountant (record-to-report)
About This Job
A Shared Service Center (SSC) Accountant is responsible for performing record-to-
report accounting, month end closing and related reconciliations for their respective
markets, under the umbrella of the Operational Controller.
Perform all aspects of record-to-report and shared services accounting processes
in the related market with efficiency and accuracy.
- Run all periodic processes related to R2R and general financial accounting,
including month-end activities, account reconciliations, periodic reporting,
metrics, governance and internal control.
- Work with Business Finance and Revenue Controlling colleagues to maintain
best-in-class processes and application of policies.
- Maintain internal process documentation to reflect the most up-to-date ways of
work using the most recent Nielsen toolset (Google, etc.). Ensure standard
operating procedures are operationalized and consistent in both content and
format with expectations laid out by Global Financial Controlling.
- Maintain R2R and general financial accounting related internal controls within the
market; ensure robust account reconciliations and SOX compliance.
- Maintain thorough and current understanding of US GAAP. Keep abreast of
emerging accounting and reporting standards. Support the implementation of
new accounting pronouncements as required.
- Maintain an appropriate system configuration and IT environment to ensure
effective and efficient execution of R2R and general financial accounting
continuous finance processes
- Work on monthly system uploads (EPM) and reconciliations at the consolidation
level. Perform majority of the processes from SAP (or local ERP) to EPM.
- Support external and internal audits with supporting documentation, archive
retrieval, journal walk through, and other audit requirements under the
supervision of the Operational Controller.
- Support preparation of statutory accounts to the extent practical and required.
- Work on external taxation reporting and declaration
- Assist the Operational Controller and/or broader Finance & Accounting Services
team for the region on any initiatives, projects or systems implementations.
Experience with ERP systems (SAP module is a plus) & EPM/HFM
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts under U.S. GAAP and preferably with
IFRS/Local GAAP and SOX compliance
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and applications
2 – 3 years of experience in accounting of a multinational company.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge.We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,