As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Leverage IBM’s industry leading framework and methodology to help our clients with their toughest problem
- Work with 3-5 consultants to help our clients gathering and analyzing information from their industry or different industry, formulating and testing hypotheses to identity potential pain points, and developing and communicating strategy or recommendations
- Participate and present solutions to various level of stakeholders in the organization
- Work with business and technology clients to transform their business with the right digital capabilities
- Develop or evaluate business capabilities on where/how clients should invest their digital transformation today and tomorrow to drive revenue growth or optimize costs to improve operation efficiency
- Leverage platform or ecosystem partners to accelerate their business model and improve business effectiveness
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Functional knowledge – Digital, Corporate Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance
- Industry experience – Financial Services (Banking, Insurance, Payment, Wealth and Asset Management), Healthcare, Life Science, Consumer Packaged Goods or Retail, Automotive, or Industrial Products
- 3-5 years related working experience in corporate or consulting firm
- Undergraduate degree with outstanding academic record and/or Masters, MBA
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Prior management consulting and project management experience preferably with leading consultancy firms is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA is a plus.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.