The Supplier Quality Engineer is a technical engineering position focused on the successful implementation of projects and process management of activities to define, design, develop and deliver new processes, quality improvements, and change initiatives. The Quality Engineer works on a wide range of supplier quality issues during development projects and monitors and addresses supplier quality issues after the products are in volume production. The Quality Engineer has extensive practical application experience in quality systems, product quality, and supplier quality management that will result on high quality products and great customer satisfaction. The supplier quality engineer is responsible to assure outgoing quality from our network of international suppliers (currently China, Taiwan, and Indonesia.)
QSC thrives where innovative technology and compelling audio-visual experiences intersect. For over 50 years, QSC has pioneered the technology and solutions that enable immersive cinema, live performance audio, themed entertainment, digital collaboration and meeting experiences for our customers and partners around the world. A globally recognized innovator in the design, engineering, and manufacture of category leading high-performance loudspeakers, digital mixers, power amplifiers, audio processors, digital cinema solutions, and the Q-SYS™ software-based audio, video and control Ecosystem.
By joining the QSC team, you will be in a challenging, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment. We encourage employees to take ownership, to color outside the lines, and to imagine possibilities. Our culture is casual but dynamic, with cross-functional teams collaborating on creating memorable audio-visual experiences that deliver joy to people, wherever they are. At QSC, fun and hard work go hand in hand. Join us and make a difference in the way people experience movies, meetings, presentations, live performances, and much more.
This role is remote and can be located anywhere near Dongguan or Shenzen.
- Generate and execute Quality Plans to assure that product and process requirements are met at each product lifecycle phase.
- Support the maintenance of quality system requirements, including internal and supplier auditing, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), risk management, product and process issues
- Determine process readiness, measure and improve process capability; and measure and improve process effectiveness.
- Develop and implement process performance criteria to evaluate the readiness of new products to move from New Product Introduction lifecycles to volume production
- Lead in-process audits at supplier or CM’s, develop plan and perform the audits, publish audit reports, manage corrective actions
- Manage supplier change request for local suppliers, engage with the team and determine requirements for approval
- Analyze process performance indicators, such as critical-to-quality variables, yield data, out-of-box audit data, process capability reports, and defect trends, against predefined targets and initiate remedial actions where necessary
- Resolve supplier issues; generate CARs, NCMRs, Stop Orders, Rework Instructions, etc.
- Prepare data and evaluate Supplier Performance via Quality Business Review (QBR)
- Evaluate the efficiency of existing QA processes and recommend improvements.
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline (ME, EE, or Industrial Engineering with specialty in Quality, preferred)
- Subject matter expertise in the body of knowledge of the CQE is required
- ASQ certified (CQE) is desirable
- Minimum 5-years’ experience managing supplier quality performance at Asia contract manufacturers is desired. (Contract manufacturers could include system assembly manufacturers and/or design and build manufacturers.)
- Experienced with process control practices in the following types of operations desired: PCBA assembly, plastic injection molding, die-casting, sheet metal fabrication, wood cabinet fabrication and assembly, system assembly and test.
- Previous experience in speaker, electronic or electromechanical assembly experience is desirable.
- Proficiency in Office software for data collection, analysis, and reporting is required
- Previous experience with enterprise management software tools such as Oracle and PLM Agile is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Chinese) is required.
- Good knowledge of IPC-A-610 for acceptability of electronic assemblies