As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
We are now looking for a Support Engineer to maintain products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions). Your role will include all development activities such as: troubleshooting, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, product lifecycle support and product documentation. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working.
We organize in multi-functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- Handle CSR (Customer Service Request), using support tools and following global support processes (matching to ITIL Tier3) based on WLA and relevant SLA.
- Work with ELS (Ericsson Local Support) to analyze the problem reported from production. Reproduce and troubleshoot the problem in priority, identify root cause, and compose suitable remedies and solutions to the problems.
- Support SI (System Integrator) or execute implementation of the product deployment project, configuration / integration work, system test or acceptance test, upgrade or capacity expansion activities, as well as necessary troubleshooting.
- Provide 24/7 support if assigned. Work with global recovery team to restore system in case of emergency.
- Observe product feedback. Collect and consolidate product issues and ELS feedback as input to product line to help improve product functionality, serviceability and quality.
To be successful in the role you must have
- Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom). Above 5 years’ experience of system implementation / support engineer with strong technical leadership, or above 3 years software developer experience.
- Have deep-dive understanding of product.
- Solid end-to-end understanding of product domain.
- Excellent OS, virtualization, network experience. Good script capability e.g. Python, Shell. Be able to read Java code.
- Excellent skills of troubleshooting and logical inductive reasoning ability.
- Work under pressure abilites.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong customer first mindset.
- Fluent oral and written English skills.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to define an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Guangzhou (Canton) || [[mfield2]]