As part of the continued innovation of our growth strategy, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a Technology Sector Partner in Mainland China, Hong Kong or Taiwan. You will be focused on consulting and technical projects for the technology sector, with specific emphasis on Chinese outbound investment and overseas compliance and sustainability strategies for manufacturing facilities, data centers, supply chain and offices/campuses.
We are seeking a leader with a deep understanding of the technology industry and companies operating in this sector to foster and expand a network of excellent client relationships by driving outcomes that create tangible value for our clients. This role includes, but is not limited to, selling and delivering world-class services, leveraging innovation on behalf of our client’s to solve their most challenging problems, recruiting and developing our next generation of leaders, and further advancing our reputation for in the area of technology and supply chain businesses.
ERM’s Technology Sector Overview
To address the latest industry and consumer challenges — including finding qualified talent, manufacturing sustainable products and staying at the forefront of advances in research and development (R&D) — our environmental, health, safety and sustainability (EHSS) services, sustainable business model, human capital management, operations and governance expertise delivers high-impact solutions. From identifying new growth opportunities to addressing long-term environmental, social and economic challenges, ERM supports quickly evolving technology sector clients to achieve sustainable business outcomes. Our global network of in-country experts provides a comprehensive EHSS solutions to support corporate goals as well as facility level compliance for advanced manufacturing, data centers, research and development facilities, supply chain and corporate campuses.
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a leading global environmental consultancy. Based on the experience, qualifications, and unique strengths of the successful candidate, this role will include a combination of the following responsibilities:
- Lead the growth and development of ERM’s technology sector in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for ERM services
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service
- Maintain pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, contracting.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction / expectations, and internal and contract requirements
- As Partner-in-Charge, lead and manage projects (which includes but not limited to) in Environment, Health & Safety and Sustainability.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s business, as well as to lead client and technical teams
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in consulting with technology and/or manufacturing clients
- In-depth understanding of Environmental and Sustainability challenges including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a business builder, thinking outside of the box and a problem solver for the environment. Most importantly, we want people that makes a difference
- Strong commitment to safety, including experience implementing strict Health and Safety protocols on projects
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognise corporate opportunities
- Chinese and English language proficiency is required
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking to join a fun and vibrant team where you can add real value and make a difference, then we want to hear from you.
At ERM our only asset is our people and we strive to provide a working environment and benefits that both attract and retain top talent. We offer a competitive package, flexible working options and a strong team atmosphere and a professional and collaborative culture.
Who We Are
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.