The Senior Sustaining Engineer works under the guidance and supervision of the Sustaining Engineering Manager to resolve released product design issues and develop / execute cost reduction programs. The individual is responsible for implementing program goals and lead / work on multiple projects in support of the overall business unit goals. Candidates are expected to be versed in all phases of Mechanical Engineering, Outsourced part qualification and release, have a technical understanding of printers and be able to work well in a fast-pace team environment.
- Provide sustaining engineering support of released products to resolve customer, production and part quality issues.
- Provide end-to-end project support in troubleshooting issue, develop and qualify the solution and create the necessary documentation to release design changes into production.
- Support Cost-Reduction effort and proposals across product lines.
- Investigate and select mechanical components, assemblies and materials.
- Solve technical design or manufacturing issues.
- Investigate problems, develop solutions, and initiate Engineering Change Orders. Understand and modify Bill of Materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Preferred Work Experience (years): 5-8 years related experience in mechanical engineering design principles and techniques,
Key Skills And Competencies
- Pro/E experience mandatory (surfacing experience desired).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years plastic injection mold part design experience. Machined part design, and sheet metal design a must.
- Experienced mechanism design required. Individual must have moderate to high volume experience for very low-cost solutions. Knowledge of printing systems desired.
- Ability to creatively apply engineering principles and techniques.
- Intermediate computer skills; Office, MS Projects, Agile or Equivalent PLM system.