About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Analysis of user stories and assessment of changes required in the system.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Retrospective)
- Story points estimation and sub-task estimation.
- Perform COBOL/JCL/RPG/CL/REST API/SOAP API coding and testing, aligning to best practices for efficient system performance.
- User Acceptance Testing support that includes test environment set-up/configuration, batch execution and responding to business queries and clarifications.
- Ensures business needs are met whilst delivering within budget and with quality.
- Consistently looking for service improvements areas/plans.
- Engages stakeholders on a regular basis on the progress of the projects and initiatives.
- JIRA/ Confluence updates.
- Supports project deployment activities and post implementation monitoring.
- Supports production issue investigation and resolution whenever need arises.
- Must be adaptive and welcoming constant changes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Working experience in Cardlink Credit Card Systems or other equivalent credit card systems on mainframe platform.
- Must possess at least 6-8years experience in CICS, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, MVS, z/OS and mainframe environment.
- Possess knowledge in API, SOLACE, JAVA Easytrieve, REXX, SAS, ABEND AID, FileAid, Endeavor, Expeditor would be added advantage.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Agile project delivery and DEVOPS tools.
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple tasks/ projects.
- Possess self-initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Possess knowledge in Cloud, Linux OS, DevOps tool and processes such as Jenkins, Stash Bitbuckets & run deck, IBM Liberty would be added advantage.
- Knowledge/skills in Confluence Jira workflow, Thenon See/Change, Aldon, AR Remedy would be added advantage.
- Automation skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.