Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a Taboola News Account Manager? We’re glad you asked!
What is the key purpose of a Taboola News Account Manager?
The Taboola News team works directly with Original Equipment Manufacturers and Mobile Carriers globally to deliver a high quality, high engagement content experience on mobile devices. Taboola’s personalised content recommendations now come packaged with devices from Huawei, ZTE, Vivo, Samsung, Tracfone, America Móvil and many more. The Taboola News Account Manager will be based in Bangkok and this role requires spending about 50% of your time in China, mostly in Shenzhen, in order to manage relationships with OEMs in the region. There are additional travelling needs, as our customers are global. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of one of Taboola’s most exciting and innovative products
What skills and qualifications do I need?
For This Role It Is Essential That You
- Speak, read and write Mandarin at native level and are also fluent in English.
- Have a proven track record in a client facing account management role; ability to build strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies including senior level executives, legal, technical, finance, sales and marketing.
- Are comfortable handling technical conversations with the ability to explain technical solutions, establish goals and develop opportunities with tech and non-tech teams.
- Possess good analytical skills – providing ongoing reporting, analysis of data and ability to identify trends and improve the key metrics, including work with Product Management on A/B Testing and optimization.
- Have a track record of closing business and driving long and complex sales cycles.
- Are highly motivated, proactive, dedicated, resourceful and creative to ensure your clients receive world class support and leadership.
- Have negotiation experience working with customers to jointly define the deliverables, deadlines and expectations
- Position based in Bangkok. Willing to travel.
Nice To Haves Include
- Prior experience managing strategic partnerships with OEMs
What will I be doing on a day-to day today basis?
As a Taboola News Account Manager, You Will
- Manage and grow relationships with OEMs and strategic partners in China, specifically in Shenzhen and the surrounding regions.
- Monitor and analyse metrics and proactively take steps to improve results and determine optimisation paths on the current business.
- Conduct ongoing in-person meetings with key people at the OEMs as well as prepare and conduct quarterly business reviews.
- Throughout the partnership, provide strategic consultation to our partners, update on new product capabilities and find new areas for growth.
- Serve as a key point of communication between Taboola’s R&D, product and product enablement teams (based in Israel), so that we can build the right products for our partners.
- Fully comprehend Taboola, the technology, revenue ecosystem and client needs/requirements in order to intelligently identify new opportunities.
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here they are able to discover their best professional self, explore where they can grow to, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
- We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our clients include Business Insider, NBC, Wells Fargo, Adidas, and more.