- Build and maintain good working relationships with clients.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of indirect tax clients.
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations.
- Manage the successful delivery of indirect tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken.
- Responsible for day-to-day delivery of client liaison.
- Liaise with clients and advise on indirect tax issues, including B2V projects, VAT consulting, Supply Chain Analysis, Contract Review, Preferential Treatment Application, Indirect Tax Compliance, etc.
- Liaise with Tax Authority on clients’ behalf to seek agreement on their tax positions.
- Prepare technical memorandums to support indirect tax advisory projects.
- Liaise with other departments, e.g. corporate tax, audit to make joint effort for comprehensive projects.
- Contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of indirect tax services to our clients.
- Relevant/appropriate business tax experience, tax firm working experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in both Chinese and English, especially English writing skill.
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations.
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines.
- Tax (CTA), Accountancy (CPA, ACCA, etc.).
- Possess knowledge of China VAT system and regulations
- At least 1 year working experience.
- Be able to travel from time to time