In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
- excluding partnerships
- The position performs daily activities on Position & Liquidity Monitoring on RTGS, works closely with ALM & operations departments or counterpart correspondent banks to ensure prompt and accurate information regarding RTGS position are provided to ALM Treasury properly and promptly.
- Governance Local Back Operations by monitoring daily / monthly KPI/KRI & working closely with different internal stakeholders & ISPL Operations team.
- To assist management to review internal procedures / workflows in order to align with global / APAC operations policy e.g. Cash Out, different payment policies.
RTGS Position Monitoring
- Provide ALMT dealers with timely and accurate up‐to‐date position and investigate with operations on the query from ALMT.
- Clarify and follow up on query on forecast position with operations departments.
- Ensure the liquidity facilities are utilized as per instruction by ALMT and fulfil the HKMA throughput ratio guideline.
- Monitor RTGS account position to ensure fulfil of time specific obligation, i.e. Bulk Clearing.
- Monitor intraday payments status by performing queue management on RTGS payment queue.
- Perform swap payments with counter banks to facilitate the payment flow.
- Handle urgent payments request from operations departments.
- Compare RTGS projected balance and in-house forecasted position to finalize EOD position to ALMT.
- Handle after cut off reporting from operations departments.
- Handle ad-hoc query on liquidity status and forecasted position from ALMT when the market in stress condition.
- Arrange fund transfer between main nostro account and RTGS account as per instruction from ALMT and/or day end balance.
- Chairing Monthly Liquidity Management Forum with ALM / ORC.
Local Back Office Operations
- Governance daily HK Branch operations performed by ISPL via monitoring daily key risk summary. Provide guidance & facilitate the communication with local RM / FO to handle escalations.
- Support & manage local operations tasks due to language / local regulatory requirement
- Participate proactively as Local Back Office SPOC to coordinate with different internal stakeholders, provide operations expertise commence to facilitate TAC/NAC or project delivery.
- Perform monthly brokerage reconciliation, draft of payments, reports and accounting entries.
- Perform quarterly check on rate schedule between brokerage web and IBIS system.
- Prepare daily / monthly reports to ALMT and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in team management & planning for team member development
- Participate in UAT on system implementation/enhancement project.
- Support other operations duties as assigned.
- Shift of work and overtime may require.
- Contribute to process improvements while abiding to control guidelines on day-to-day process.
- Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls.
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Team player, independent, hardworking, eager to learn and attention to details
- Strong numeric sense
- High adaptability to changing environment
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong analytical and strong risk sense
- Strong Client Focus
- Sense of escalation & reporting
- Able to work for early/late shift and overtime
Specific Qualifications (if Required)
- Relevant working experience in Treasury Operations will be an advantage
- Strong Preference to have Bachelor or Master degree on Banking, Finance, Economics or Mathematics
- Strong Treasury (FXMM/ Rate / Bonds) products & operations process knowledge.
- Excellent MS skills, especially in Excel will be an advantage.
- Experience in projects driving will be an advantage.
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
Standard / Permanent
Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
At least 7 years