Trimble is seeking a China based passionate Civil Software Sales person to apply and support Trimble civil construction software solutions including on civil engineering projects in the East Asia region, mainly in China. The Regional Software Sales Engineer is responsible for selling our CCSS software products and solutions, delivering software training and services to customers, business development of new and existing clients and to support Trimble Technical Engineers for technical demonstrations and presentations. The candidate will manage the sales opportunities of Trimble Civil Construction Software Solutions in China and will report directly to the China Software Sales Manager. The candidate must be a strong Solution Sales person, capable of influencing stakeholders to change the way they work, and must be able to sell software to our customers and partners with presence in a C-suite board room and be capable of selling civil BIM lifecycle productivity solutions used for design in office and active use in field equipment.
- Deliver effective sales demonstrations and presentations to customers
- Knowledge of industry to be able to target and engage with civil infrastructure Project Owners, Engineers, and Large Contractors.
- To succeed, the Sales Engineer will need to work together with the regional team and support regional growth.
- Business development will start with key civil accounts, innovative civil design institutes, as well as large projects.
- Interfacing with customers to identify customer needs and their pain points
- Train clients in using Trimble software such as Quantm alignment optimization software
- Travel domestically and internationally to customer sites for business development, any and all sales related functions.
- Planning and Forecasting quarterly activity, marketing, and sales figures.
- Meet Quarterly and year targets.
- Support customers with project specific technical questions either onsite or remotely
- Flexibility to work off-hours to support regional project teams
Work Experience And Education Requirements
- Bachelor degree required, Civil/transport Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in civil/transport engineering related field, preferably at transport design and consultant firms on road/rail alignment planning.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Sales Manager, with proven track record of selling large deals.
- Proficient software knowledge of AutoCAD/HintCAD and other relevant CAD/BIM design packages.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship building skills, client facing experience, proven ability to listen, negotiate and relate to clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in English and Mandarin
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing, and collaborative environment
- Independent and creative thinker
- Ability to collaborate both Virtually and in person.
- Willingness of frequent travel both domestically and internationally.