- Pre-sales activity will include delivery of technical expertise during the sales process including presentations, seminars, individual consultation, and hands-on demo experiments if needed.
- Executes technical and application based presentations on illumina’s sequencing and microarray platforms, applications and/or workflows.
- Post-sales activity includes working with post-installation customers providing additional workflow or applications training in strategically important labs.
- Supporting/assisting customers with sequencing assay design to accelerate adoption of targeted sequencing on illumina’s platforms.
- Attendance at tradeshows/conferences in relevant fields.
- Be the point person for dedicated illumina User Group Meetings in collaboration with field marketing and support team to provide sample to data workflow training
- Assists sales and field marketing on new strategic initiatives requiring both technical and market knowledge
- Works collaboratively with territory account managers, marketing, service and support teams to ensure effective account/customer management and communication through pre-sales, during and- post-sales cycle, including review and meeting account pull through targets and goals
- Escalates technical issues to Technical Support for possible resolution for strategically important labs.
- Develops and maintain positive relationships with customers in assigned territory
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Life science industry experience preferred
- Applied Market Knowledge is a plus
- Extensive experience and understanding of leading genetics technologies and how they can be applied.
- Detailed knowledge of technological developments and trends in the sequencing markets
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills in Mandarin and English.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to persuade
- Ability to travel within region to carry out primary responsibilities.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 0-2 years of related experience; or equivalent work experience.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.