ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dover’s visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn .
The Territory Sales Manager is accountable for the development and management of business opportunities within the assigned territory by developing and executing business plans, identifying and building strategic relationships including distributors and key customers within the Pharma/ BioPharma industry. This role should both manage existing channel partners as well as proactively seek out and engage key customers within the Pharma/ BioPharma industry. The Territory Sales Manager must educate potential customers on our products, propose solutions to their businesses through the services and products that we provide, and continuously drive new businesses to existing and importantly, to potential new customers. This involves a thorough understanding of the BioPharm/ Pharm industries, the manufacturing process, our clients and their needs as well as our products, our capabilities. The Territory Sales Manager must identify opportunities, such as new prospective businesses and build meaningful relationships with engineering teams. This role must understand the regulatory nuances and also use available resources to fulfill clients’ expectations, i.e. internal teamwork, communications, follow-up, data tracking.
- Develops and executes business plans to achieve sustained growth.
- Identifies and builds effective relationships with strategic distribution partners. Engages the distributors in developing and executing business strategies in alignment with market and customer needs, and monitors their performance.
- Approaches sales with current and new business via a consultative and solutions-oriented strategy
- Identifies new, potential clients and begins the relationship process
- Performs key sales responsibilities:
- Aggressively prospects and drives new business from current and future sites
- Builds a funnel of opportunities
- Closes business
- Achieves and exceeds agreed targets
- Develops and maintains an on-going relationship with Company clients while also drives new business.
- Understand and develop viable strategies to help the client manufacture their product, as it relates to our products/ services and continued use of our products/ services
- Communicates with clients on a regular basis to ensure the strategies are working and to inform clients of enhanced or new products and services
- Uses all internal resources to ensure clients are satisfied with our products and service, e.g. internal customer service resources, marketing, SalesForce, Engineering, etc.
- Expedites resolutions when complaints, concerns, or issues arise
- Prepares and conducts presentations or trainings for our clients and distributors.
- Prepares reports and updates for our management team on a regular basis
- Provides feedback from the customer to our internal team(s) as well as propose ideas to enhance our products and service
- Attends tradeshows and other promotional events
- Travels within assigned territory on a regular basis
- Updates SalesForce database with all data on a daily, frequent basis
- Maintains professionalism and ethical standards at all times
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or Pharmaceuticals/ Biotechnology
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ relevant experience in Pharma/BioPharma Sales with proven sales achievements
- Understanding of Pharm/ BioPharm Manufacturing process
- Demonstrated ability for strategic planning
- Able to Travel 50% of the time
- CRM use/expertise; SalesForce preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of presentation software and report writing
- Demonstrated presentation, and oratory skills