Real Estate Markets at Mayer Brown
At Mayer Brown, Real Estate Markets is a core practice, where we provide local knowledge and insights from established teams on the ground. We manage deals from all sides, while helping clients drive strategic business and legal decisions. Indeed, our long-standing presence in these two markets means that we have grown with the laws that today govern the real estate sector, passing on our experience to our clients here and overseas.
Mayer Brown has been consistently ranked over the years in the top band/tier for Real Estate by leading publications such as Chambers Asia Pacific (2007-2019) and Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2007-2019).
In joining our practice as Transaction Officer, you will be supporting our lawyers to work with high calibre clients on the full spectrum of tire one real estate transactions in the market, with focus on real estate related banking financing and mergers and acquisition transactions. You will find the work both challenging and rewarding, with excellent opportunities for learning and career development.
Great opportunity to join our reputable Real Estate Markets team and support fee earners in a wide range of transactional finance and acquisition matters relating to real estate.
- Assist with RE banking finance transactional documents, registration, distribution and other document management tasks
- Assist in corporate real estate transactions (such as sale and purchase, formation of joint ventures and other investment platforms), involving primarily in legal due diligence and completion process
- Liaise with transaction parties under the supervision of lawyers
- Manage timeline for each transaction/project and ensure smooth operation of the transaction/project under the supervision of lawyer
Qualifications / Person Specification
- University graduate with 2 years’ paralegal experience from well-regarded law firms; or with 1 year’s experience in a support role in the finance practice or corporate practice (M&A) of a law firm; real estate background is a plus but not compulsory as long as you are willing to learn after joining the team and we will provide the necessary support and on-the-job training
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese; fluency in Putonghua is an asset
- Excellent PC skills in MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent team player in a fast pace environment with a “can-do” attitude
- Willing to learn and work extended hours as needed
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Managing multi-tasks
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and efficient
- Able to work independently
- Willing to work overtime
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and only be used for recruitment-related purposes.
At Mayer Brown, we understand that our people are our greatest asset. Attractive salary, fringe benefits and excellent career development opportunities will be offered to the right candidates.
Personal Data Privacy Information
* Mayer Brown is a global services provider comprising associated legal practices that are separate entities, including Mayer Brown LLP (Illinois, USA), Mayer Brown International LLP (England), Mayer Brown (a Hong Kong partnership) and Tauil & Chequer Advogados (a Brazilian law partnership) (collectively the “Mayer Brown Practices”) and non-legal service providers, which provide consultancy services (the “Mayer Brown Consultancies”). The Mayer Brown Practices and Mayer Brown Consultancies are established in various jurisdictions and may be a legal person or a partnership. Details of the individual Mayer Brown Practices and Mayer Brown Consultancies can be found in the Legal Notices section of our website.