Present AXA XL’s brand in the market, contribute to developing the Company in Hong Kong, and preserve AXA XL’s excellent reputation as a business partner and employer. Responsible for underwriting a profitable book of business for Property business in line with AXA XL and AXA Group strategy and standards.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Analyze account submissions and review underlying terms and conditions and to ascertain and quantify exposures with respect to AXA XL’s Underwriting Guidelines
- Conduct underwriting meetings with brokers and prospective insurers in order to quantify the inherent risks and exposures on large and complex multi-national accounts and corporation/partnerships
- Determine premium rates for individual accounts within authority levels
- Market and promote all AXA XL’s products with primary responsibility for Marine Cargo products, to insurers and brokers. The position has primary responsibility for securing Marine Cargo business in Hong Kong, Macau and China, S. Korea and Taiwan insurance markets
- Provide direction to underwriting support services in conjunction with policy issuance and endorsement wording preparation
- Identify new business and market opportunities, implement leading edge products and solutions
You will report to the Underwriting Manager, Cargo.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- 3-5 years’ solid Marine Cargo technical underwriting background with good understanding of Marine Cargo insurance market
- Advanced analytical, negotiation and sales/marketing skills
- Good presentation and communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Interpersonal Savvy – Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong insured and broker contacts
- Collaborative team player who provides solutions and ideas for resolution
Flexible Work Eligible
AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HK-HK-Wong Chuk Hang