As the Underwriting Assistant for the incoming business, you will ensure accurate, efficient processing of (complex) global program accounts and non-program accounts as well as overall compliance with AXA XL policies. Furthermore, the role holder has in- depth knowledge of at least one line of business, can support global program portfolio owner post-bind processes, e.g. placing, connect with brokers etc.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Timely requests to offshore team for draft policy
- Timely and accurate support to PO and Underwriter for policy issuance to the local brokers or clients
- Proactive engagement with underwriting to ensure an efficient and smooth account hand over, to ensure information received is understood and complete in order to process policies on systems
- For new/ renewed global programs / local produced risks: Determine optimal reflection of program structure in the underwriting system, be mindful of downstream and reporting impacts
- Ensure timely and high-quality implementation by means of related system
- Ensures timely and complete documentation of files
- Premium collection accountability of accounts globally / locally and take appropriate proactive action to ensure optimal collection performance
- At request of Underwriting, ensure timely and high quality implementation of mid-term endorsements, issuance of certificates of insurance and focus on premium collection monitoring
- Ensure appropriate communication flow between Underwriting, offshore team and Middle office and network for mid-term endorsements. Act as interface role between PO and Local Policy Administration as well as Credit Control teams
- Develop an internal network for facilitating the transfer of information and data between functions and departments in order to service the requirements of the underwriters and clients
- Ensure data quality accuracy ratios at the defined level/metrics
You will report to the Team Lead, Middle Office.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Diploma graduate with related disciplines
- At least 5 years’ underwriting support experience in multinational environment, preferably with Global Program experience
- Good communication skills with good team playing
- Attention to detail with good time management skills
- Eager to learn and results Oriented
Flexible Work Eligible
AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HK-HK-Wong Chuk Hang