This foreign corporate bank in Hong Kong is a leading bank around the Asia region with offices in over 15 countries. Due to growth, they are now seeking to hire a Vice President, Business Risk and Control Manager, Global Banking to join as first-level of defense for the bank to take a proactive risk management approach by instilling a risk and compliance culture across the global banking business.
- Oversight on risk assessment, controls and reporting for all risk types including AML, regulatory and operational risks, conduct risks,
- Perform independent quality assurance reviews to ensure effectiveness of control frameworks, and provide advisory support and guidance to the business units
- Work in parallel with Line Risk Control Management and Business Units.
- Coordinate discussion on policy and framework matters while managing audit and compliance review for global banking
- Keep abreast of new regulatory requirements and perform impact analysis and operationalization of controls for the business
- Has minimum 5-8 years of business risk and control management experience in Corporate or Commercial Banking with compliance, risk management and/or a couple years of AML/CFT/Sanction compliance experience
- Good knowledge of banking laws & regulations, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products & systems
- A self-starter and ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and a team player
- A professional AML-related certification is an advantage
If you believe you have the relevant skill and experience and is interested in this position, kindly get in touch with Jack Leung at with your CV and contact details or call +852 3901 8971 to engage in a confidential discussion.
Desired Skills and Experience
business risk, compliance, regulatory risk, risk management, commercial bank, corporate bank